Welcome to Janet Montgomery Chapter! We are located in Montgomery County, Rockville, MD and the first Chapter in the county. We celebrated our Chapter Centennial in April 2009.
The interest of our members is varied and we strive to show our dedication to the mission of DAR to promote historical preservation, education and patriotism.
- Sponsor the American History Essay Contest at a local school
- Genealogical Research of our families and assistance to prospective members
- Volunteers with the Genealogical Preservation Committee and Library- Bookworm program
- Support DAR Library & DAR Museum
- Volunteer with Historical Societies and other endeavors
- Support DAR Schools with emphasis on learning disabilities
- American Indian schools and scholarships
- DAR Museum Docent educating public on historical preservation
- Support community literacy programs
- Educating chapter members about Women’s Issues and American Heritage
- Sponsor Community exhibit for Constitution Week
- Participation with Children of the American Revolution
- Sponsor two Junior ROTC Medals at two local high schools
- Sponsor Junior ROTC Scholarships for two Leadership Academies
- Support to National Naval Medical Center and Fisher House, Bethesda and DAR Project Patriot activities. This committee supports our military in current conflicts abroad
- Serve the National level NSDAR and local level services to veterans in the community and VA Medical Centers
- Volunteers with local Fire Department and other community services
- Participation in Naturalization ceremonies for new citizens
Our Past Seeds of Opportunity - Harvest Seeds of the Future
Our Chapter opens our door and we hope you will enjoy the opportunity to learn about us and our heritage.
If you have
questions about how to join, or need more information, please feel free